Where's Darwin when you discover your first Gecko Eggs...
I know there are some of you questioning why I'm taking the time - any time - to share the fact that we found in classroom 103 these two Gecko eggs. Now, I know there are also some of you who wouldn't know a Gecko egg from a candy coated raisen and I have to admit that I 'used' to be in that catagory (I'm just lucky I didn't take one of the eggs from the hand of Brother Baidoo, our teacher who made this remarkable and historic discovery, and eat it before he shared its origin) but no more, I've become sort of a 'Gecko Egg Nerd'. (Remember, I was raised on an 'egg' farm so the egg bit comes quite naturally.) I kind of feel like Darwin must have felt the first time one of his grandkids shared with him how we all got started - probably from two Gecko eggs (one male and one female) much like Fritz and Fredonia (our two eggs). Therefore it was with scientific and historic sacredness that I took these magnifient specimans and placed them gingerly among my elephants and near the picture of my family - demonstrating how far 'man' - and the animal world - have evolved. My greatest fear is that one of the Ajeigbe kids will sneak into my office and consume these prehistoric eggs thinking that they are candy and our touch with our past will end... (Carolyn thinks I should spend more time with the scriptures but I think I'm on to something...)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home