Saturday, October 01, 2005

The Temple Open House Bears Fruit - but not unless we STAND UP, OPEN OUR MOUTH, and say "WILL YOU COME?"

The Ghana Temple has opened her doors to committed and dedicated members since January 2004, but just a few days before the Dedication, her doors were open for interested members of the community. Among them was a young man named Moses Fofi Ashiagbor-Megyane who was invited by an alert missionary to 'come and see' - he did and now he is in the MTC preparing to serve with President and Sister Dil in the Ghana Cape Coast Mission. At least two lessons are taught to us from studying this story: 1) Open Houses' Work and 2) "Will You...?" ("Will You Come to the Temple Open House?") are mighty powerful words. No wonder Preach My Gospel says they are the two most important words in a missionaries vocabulary. Below is the 'success' story of this newest missionary, the product of the Ghana Temple Open House and some alert missionaries who "STOOD UP" and "OPENED THEIR MOUTHS..."
Elder Moses Kofi Ashiagbor-Megyane
In his words, "Just before the Ghana Accra Temple was dedicated, I was in MaxMart doing some job to meet my basic needs. I see people whom I first did not know but today I know they were missionaries. They were in white shirts dressed neatly with ties around their neck. My spirit was telling me to ask them questions and I did and before I left them they said to me, 'Will you come to the Open House for our new Temple?" They gave me a written invitation with a special time on it. I came and witnessed the temple after which I had the desire to be with the Lord's people in this church. Two sisters named Leota and Golly taught me and after I had been taught the six discussions I was baptized... My father worshipped with the Christian Church and my mother worshipped with the Roman Catholic Church and there are nine in our family but only two of us from the same mother and the same father and the rest are from the same father but different mothers...my grandfather is a chief so we are of the royal family...my father is now dead through age and sickness...my mother' father had many wives and gave birth to many children and owing to this reason, I can hardly find accurate records of my mothers people, but many of them are dead including herself. I'm the only member of the church and hope when I finish my mission I can help some of my large and scattered family find the true church."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home