Saturday, November 19, 2005

There are no more 'ites'...

Elder Njaga from Aba Nigeria and Elder Letteer from Dayton Ohio make a great compionship and are working together to ensure I know exactly who I am and where I came from and they promiesd me that if I would accept their invitation to be baptized I would be on the road to finding 'never ending happiness'. By the way, I accepted a date to be baptized on November 26, Thanksgiving Day. The reason I readily ageed to be baptised is that they were also teaching a pretty lady next door (Sister Ritchie in her office) and she had picked that day and I thought it might prove to be a good way to get to know her and who knows what might happen...Wow, this is going to be a great church...
These two sisters, Sister Nwafor from Enugu, Nigeria and Sister Safoh from Kumasi, Ghana 'dropped' by to read the Book of Mormon with me and answer any questions I had regarding my upcoming baptism...To have two wonderful sisters from two West Africa countries so concerned about my eternal welfare made me feel very important...they were also going to stop in and visit with the lady next door and they promised they could come back and report to me how she was progressing - remember we are being baptized the same day - Thanksgiving Day. I can't wait. Another unlickly companonship without the gospel. Elder Tinkorang from Koforidua, Ghana and Elder Pasina from Nuku'alofa, Tonga are making sure I understand the importance of the commandments and if I'm comitted to 'live them' so that my baptismal date (and meeting the pretty lady next door) can happen. I told them I would do anyting as long as I could belong to this church and meet people like my neighbor. Can't wait for Thursday - I don't even sleep nights I'm so excited. (I wonder how all these wonderful young people from Nigeria, Tonga, Ghana and the United States all ended up together and have become such great friends - they even seem to love each other and they claim they just met a few days ago - amazing - when I see the rest of the world intent on killing each other it gives me some great joy to see people from so different cultures united in so great a cause - truly amzing!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home