Group 21 Exit Comments
Group 21 Exit RemarksJuly 4, 2005
English
Dear Family and Friends,
Remember that the attached is a part of our journal and often the comments are quite personal and self-rewarding to Sister Ritchie and me as well as ‘warm fuzzies’ to our teachers and staff...please read their comments as our long term history of these incredible young Africans...
Feel their spirits as you read a few of their departing thoughts...
Elder Rogan McKnight of South Africa:
“I have experienced more growth than anytime in my life, especially through the devotionals and with personal prayer...my testimony has really grown.”
Elder Seyl Ojo Bamgboye of Abeokuta Nigeria:
“While I was coming on mission I was thinking that I had something stocked in my brain because I was staying with the full time missionaries in Lagos, but when I got here I knew for sure that I knew nothing. I love the teachings here, we had people who were professional educators and could answer all the questions and had ready solutions for our problems...I could feel the Spirit to the fullest during those devotionals as it testified of it’s truthfulness.... I have made a commitment to become a missionary and not just go on a mission.... Most of all I love President and Sister Ritchie for they are like angels to me.”
Elder Godwill Ekow Tandoh of Accra Ghana:
“My experience here at the MTC will be one I will forever cherish...possibly for all eternity...I am filled with joy an gladness and an overwhelming feeling of appreciation...I could never have asked for a more rewarding experience...my eyes have beheld glorious scenes and my ears have heard such astonishing words and what joy my heart has felt....such an inspiration and penetrating power.
“The Spirit never strayed from me for even a moment...never have I yearned for, seen, heard or understood the gospel of Christ as being taught in its simplicity and reverence. I have experienced true Master Teaching which is my quest to also become and will cease at nothing till I also have accomplished this ...”
“ I am going to love my investigators, feed them the restored gospel and nourish them with the spirit of God while bearing testimony of the truth...but all this I can not do unless I seek to Become a missionary and not just serve a mission...now I’m going to be Proactive in all I do, beginning everything I do with the end in my mind and I’ll tackle first things first. I’ll control events in my life to earn a good self esteem and be highly productive. I will call that a private victory each time I achieve it...as a stand-up missionary I will be judged.”
“I will keep a strong journal as I know angels will quote from it some day...I will walk with God because I want to be like Him...I will open my mouth and establish the church. I will eat the banana fruit and not let it rot or it’s value will be shot...I will not let that happen, I know that the harder I work the PRETTIER my wife will become.” (Editor note: I see he listened to the most important part of my lessons.)
“President and Sister Ritchie, you have changed my life and now I must help change the world...I have been and am impressed and OVERWHELMED.”
Elder Nicholos Prosper Sosu of Cape Coast, Ghana:
“The first day we started learning the gospel of Jesus Christ and each day the MTC has changed my life in so many wonderful ways...1st How to PLAN and do it daily...I have never done that before...now I know how and it will make me successful...2nd How to use TIME...it has changed my life...time to sleep, time to learn, time to think...amazing idea...3rd how to MEMORIZE scripture...it was very hard for me when I came to MTC... I have now made time to memorize and it has worked wonders in my ability to learn...4th how to SMILE AND BE HAPPY AROUND OTHER PEOPLE...when I enter the MTC the teachers greet me and welcome me and they started smiling to me, even though I do not know them...they taught me how and why to greet people and smile so I can build a relationship with them that will be strong...I love the MTC...it has truly opened my eyes to a different life.”
Elder Enoch Kwabena Duvor of Accra Ghana:
“I am filled with joy to be at the Accra MTC, it’s the most remarkable moment of my life...I thank God for this moment and also the church who would build such a center for its members. When I was coming to the Garden of Eden I had no idea what would be going here. I thought you would come and be taught how to read the book of Mormon and others would come and share experiences...but that notion was totally erased the very first moment I came in here. My whole being has been totally transformed to what I have always dreamt of but never knew where I would find such a place. The MTC has shaped me...I can now give a talk and teach the gospel anywhere, anytime and to anybody....Before I came to MTC when I was asked to give a talk I would go to church literature and copy it and read it to the people..., But, no, not this time. I have become what I always wanted to become and that is thanks to the great effort and leadership of the leaders at the MTC...it was very difficult but they encouraged me to do my best and it has enlarged my confidence and it has been boosted...I thank the Lord for the MTC and the Temple which has lifted my opportunity in life.”
Elder Friday Frank Asuquo of Benin City, Nigeria:
“The MTC is a place of very caring people who put smiles on everybody’s faces and make teaching fun...I wish I could live here forever.”
Elder Edwin Kobina Ewudzie of Cape Coast, Ghana:
“My coming to this magnificent place even this MTC has been very wonderful...I’ve felt the spirit an my testimony about the restored church and the First Vision has increased tremendously....my understanding of the scriptures has increased and all this has happened most especially in the morning devotionals and the firesides...I have been touched so deeply by the teaching and he spirit I felt every morning as we would meet and be taught.”
Elder Edward Addo of Swedru, Ghana:
“It has been a very great event that I could ever dreams of...I’m so grateful for everything you have done for me...every time I see you smiling it makes me feel happy which I’m also try to do so because since I felt it I think when I do unto others too they will like it and accept the good things that I have for them...I have never had a very long term success in trying to live gospel attributes until I came to the MTC which has helped me to learn how to become like Christ and it will even help me to build up very great family in the future...I will open my mouth...I used to try to Plan but not effective but now I know how...I begin with the end in mind and do first things first and stay away from Comfort Zones. God bless you all...PRESIDENT, MAY GOD SHOULD GIVE YOU ENOUGH AIR SO THAT YOUR WHISTLE CONTINUES TO SING PRAISES TO THE LORD.” (Editor note: That s my favorite line - may it be forever true.)
Elder Okechukwu Joseph Mgbeoji of Ijebu-Ode, Nigeria:
“I have experienced a lot of things in my home especially from my mother before her departing from earthly life...I learned a lot in my secondary school where I was always on top of leading my group in thinking and I thought I know a lot...but my staying here has opened my eyes more and more and I am so happy I could come here and learn so many things...become a Christ like missionary...master teacher...master of the doctrine of restoration...like unto Moroni...proactive and stand-up...at peace...1st things 1st...I heard about you from President Booth before I came...he told me I would really like you and he was right...”
Elder Joseph Kwame Abaidoo of Cape Coast, Ghana:
“First it was very hard for me to look eye to eye with people but through everyone at the MTC I have overcome that problem...I thank my Heavenly father for the MTC...”
Elder Emeka Kala Nduka of Owerri, Nigeria:
“...my knowledge which I have received at the MTC is very much...this feeling I felt now I had never felt before in my life time...my zeal of doing this great work will never never for one day diminish...I know my reward will be great if I serve faithfully this I equally know.”
Elder Oluwasegun Issac Aremu of Port Harcourt, Nigeria:
“I was not bold to stand in the miss of people an talk but today I am very happy to stand in the miss of people to talk...that is my first testimony of the MTC...I want to inform you that you have a wonderful and talented people in the mtc, mostly the teachers...God be with you till me meet again.”
Sister Dora Addo of Swedru, Ghana:
“President, I wished I will be here for the rest of my life...I will never forget you or this MTC...it is a place I think every being of this earth who wants to be like God should be...God bless you for this work you have taken upon yourselves. I don’t remember anywhere I have grown in my life more than the MTC...”
Elder Paul Kwesi Mensah of Swedru, Ghana:
“...the MTC has been the best days in my life...it is not the Garden of Eden, it is the Celestial Kingdom...I’ve always been interested in church history and I commend Sister Ritchie for her most interesting times of sharing church history with us...I promise to try my very best to put all things into practice...I will never disappoint you president.”
Elder Frederick Aysitey Tagoe of Accra, Ghana:
“The most happiest place I have been is the MTC...I have loved every minute of it and have learned to much and it is my prayer that I will go and do everything like I have been taught...I have been in the church for many years but I have not understood the atonement till I entered into the Garden of Eden. I have come to understand the Atonement of Christ and how I can become like him one day. I am so grateful for God sending his son to atone for my sins.”
IT CAN’T GET MUCH BETTER THAN THIS THIS IS OUR REPORT

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home