I am an Expert Witness
I WANT TO BE AN EXPERT WITNESS TO THESE...I WAS ALSO A WITNESS TO THIS...
I've dreamed of having this happen to me while driving in Africa (or anywhere for that matter). You are passing a car or van with traffic coming towards you and the unit your passing decides to pull out and race along side and suddenly you find yourself 'facing' disaster and not just a normal every day disaster but a really 'BIG' disaster - a big green truck...you have nowhere to go so you try and cut back in but it is too late...Yesterday this happened right here in 'River City' - exactly in front of the MTC and I was a witness! I'm only outdoors about once every three years and at that one moment I'm outside those three cars came together - liteally - right in front of my eyes and ears...I really was a living witness.
As I thought about this experience and took a picture of the three car crash I couldn't help but compare me being a witness in the crash to what we do here inside the MTC - we are teaching our missionaries how to be witnesses. The better they are able to 'see' the Atonement; the better they are able to 'see' the Sacred Grove; those who have put Moroni to the test - they become the best Witnesses. When they 'know' those events happened and they 'know' the Book of Mormon is the world of God - they become powerful - expert - witnesses. They become as good of a witness to the First Vision as I was to that wreck which I watched happen. I know those three cars collided and I know even more assuraedly that Joseph Smith was not alone that day in the grove. I am an expert witness to a car crash and to a Restoration and the amazing thought I had as I compared the two events is that I know with more surety about the Restoration than the wreck I just 'saw' a few hours ago.
At the MTC we are here to prepare witnesses - expert witnesses - witnesses who know that Jesus is the Christ and who know it better than if their own eyes had seen him. And besides, today, the wreck is gone and all evidence that it happened has been towed away - all I have left to prove it ever happened is my picture and my memory, and it will fade with time - but, the Restoration is different - as I read my Book of Mormon today the Restoration became even more real than it was yesterday. I think I'm Stickin' with the Restoration - I know it happened and yesterday is already getting fuzzy.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home