Elder Chima Omenihu of Lagos Nigeria has been called to the Nigeria Uyo Mission. This very talented young man got here via his mother visiting Sweden for three months following the death of her three month old daughter who died in her arms. The devastation was severe and her husband sent her to Sweden to 'recover'. She 'recovered' by finding the missionaries and the church. Elder Ogbonna says of her return from Sweden (even though he was very young he can remember the feeling his mother brought back with her from Sweden) "I will never forget the joy in her voice when she returned to Nigeria and told us that she had found the only true Church...I often ponder what the message was that touched my mother's heart during that terrible time of loss that converted her and the more I think I more I have came to realize that it was the doctrine of 'Families Can Be Together Forever'. I'm sure glad she went to Sweden." When his mother returned and brought the gospel to her family there were less than twenty people in Lagos who were members who were worshipping in an old rented apartment. She quickly brought a lot of people into the church including her Sister and her husband who became the District President. Along with his mother, Elder Ogbonna's four brothers and sisters all joined the church but his father never has joined.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home