Group 25 is preparing to make Covenants inside the Temple. This is always a highlight day for each group. The temple is really a big influence in their lives. 
Elder Oluwasegun Babatunde Tinubi of Abeokuta, Nigeria called to serve in the Port Harcourt Mission is an example of the Bar Being Raised. Listen to the words of his Priesthood leader who sent him on his mission. "He is an exceptional young man and has completed his five year Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, graduating in the top 3% of his class - First Class Honors designation. He has turned down fine career offers and a full scholarship for graduate studies in London to serve his mission. He plays the piano, loves to sing and has a wonderfully pleasant nature. He is a natural leader blessed with superior intelligence. He comes from an active and experienced LDS family. He has excellent English skills. He may be the most outstanding young man I have interviewed in Nigeria."
Elder Vincent Christopher Ubogu of Ijebu-Ode, Nigeria going to serve in the Port Harcourt Mission. His father died two months ago and his mother deserted him as a two year old. He tells how he found the church. "In January of 2004 through a friend who was a branch president I found the church. He invited me to attend where I also met the missionaries who taught me the lessons and gave me a Book of Mormon. I read it and I prayed about it...I have experienced a lot of physical and spiritual trials including temptations, persecution, embarrassment and hatred and even neglected by family and friends, but with faith and prayer I was freed from those who persecuted me."
Elder Chima Omenihu Ogbonna of Lagos, Nigeria going to serve in the Uyo Mission. His Priesthood leader shared this about him: "Elder Ogbonna is humble and dedicated with great leadership potential. He has just graduated from the university with a degree in Chemical Engineering. He plays well the piano and is a gifted motivator." We have three this time who are fairly accomplished musicians and as you can see several with academic credentials that are 'bar raisers'...
The Mosquitoes got to this group. These four Elders all went down within four days of entering the MTC but again with a quick Sister Ritchie diagnosis, confirmed by blood test, they are treated and are back in class with only limited toilet and bed time. Amazing drugs of today. The key to surviving Malaria in Africa is early diagnosis and proper treatment. You will notice a bad finger also shown but it was also 'cured' by the good Sister.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home